All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Interview of Author Stephanie Burkhart

Today it's my pleasure to present an interview of romance author Stephanie Burkhart.





Latest book: "The Green Rose," a fantasy romance.










Buy Links:
PUBLISHER'S SITE: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-280/The-Green-Rose-Stephanie/Detail.bok
AMAZON KINDLE: http://amzn.com/B007QUBU2E
BARNES & NOBLE NOOK: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1109853031
ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thegreenrose-769936-143.html
SONY EBOOKS: http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/stephanie-burkhart/the-green-rose/_/R-400000000000000673505

BOOK TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/embed/gFuFCDhZQMc

BIO:
Stephanie Burkhart was born and raised in Manchester New Hampshire. In 1986, she wanted a grand adventure and joined the U.S. Army, becoming an MP (military police). She spent 7 years stationed overseas in

In 1997, she left the Army and settled in Castaic California. She now works for LAPD as a 911 Dispatcher. She's a huge fan of Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings," movies and the "Game of Thrones" mini series.

Q: What part of the book is the easiest for you to write? Why?
A: I'm a panster at heart, so when I prepare to write a book, I gather my characters together, draft up character biographies and outline a plot for the first 3 chapters. I want the opening to be fast-paced, filled with action, or introduce the problem and engage the reader. I spend a good amount of prep work on the opening chapters and I usually find they're the easiest for me to write.

Q: What part of the book is the hardest for you? Why?
A: I always find the middle most challenging. You have to build the conflict, the sexual tension, and allow the characters to grow emotionally, so I'm usually a bit slower here as I plot out and then write these chapters.

Q: If one of your books became a movie, which celebrity would you like to star as your heroine? Tell us about the heroine.
A: Sonia Peregrine is the crown princess of Tapin, the land of the falcons in "The Green Rose." Her father, King Julian, is kidnapped by the evil mage, Balthyser and she goes on a quest for the green rose with Prince Ivánstan. Sonia has trust issues, but she can sling a sword with the best of them. I would love for Alexandra Daddario to play "Sonia." She was "Annabeth" in "The Lightning Thief" movie.

Q: If one of your books became a movie, which celebrity would you like to star as your hero? Tell us about the hero.
A: Ivánstan is the crown prince of Dahaka, the land of dragons, in "The Green Rose." He accompanies Sonia on a quest for the magical object. He's heroic, noble, and fearless – and totally "into" Sonia. He's determined to earn her trust and win her love. I would love for Kellan Lutz to play Ivánstan. His most memorable role is "Emmitt" from The Twilight Series.

Q: Do all your heroes and heroines look the same in your mind as you "head write?"
A: No. In my preliminary work, I cast my characters, forming a clear picture in my mind what they look like.

Q: What hobby(ies) to do enjoy when you're not writing?
A: Time permitting, I like to walk, play racquetball (but partners are scarce), watch Dancing with the Stars, and traveling/exploring California.

FIND ME HERE:
WEBSITE: http://www.stephanieburkhart.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/StephBurkhart
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor
GOOD READS: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4031660.Stephanie_Burkhart
YOU TUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/botrina?feature=mhee
PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/sgburkhart/">http://pinterest.com/sgburkhart
DESERT BREEZE AUTHOR http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-template/StephanieBurkhart/Page.bok
4RV PUBLISHING: http://4rvpublishingcatalog.yolasite.com/burkhart.php
Victory Tales Press: http://onceuponaword1.blogspot.com/p/stephanie-burkhart.html
 
BLURB:
Eight hundred years ago on the continent of Gaia, war rocked the countries of N'Gasse, Tapin, Daháka, and Ravenrock. The fearsome wyldebeasts of the black east threatened to destroy the known world. King Xeres of Daháka gathered the most powerful magicians of Gaia along with Queen Rhysia of N'Gasse, King Erik of Ravenrock, and Nyla, the High Priestess of Tapin at Komodo Field.

Daháka brought pollen taken from the bees of the Tagrassé Forest. N'Gasse brought sap from the old mahogany trees. Tapin presented dust from falcon eggs. Ravenrock offered a rose. Together, they forged the indestructible green rose, a harbinger of powerful magic.

Using the green rose, the nobles and peoples of Gaia fought the wyldebeasts, led by the dark wizard, Augustin. Once the evil threat was defeated, the Eastern Wall was built along Ravenrock's borders to keep the foul wyldebeasts out of Gaia. Ravenrock was given the responsibility of guarding the 50,000 kilometer granite barrier.

King Xeres feared those who harbored evil in their hearts would seek the green rose. He tasked three witches to guard the flower and sent them into the heart of Tagrassé Forest.

Now, hundreds of years later, the peace of Gaia is once again threatened.

EXCERPT:
Ivánstan stood behind her, pressing the firm muscles of his chest against her back. He wrapped his arms around her waist and placed both his hands over hers. His warm breath caressed her ear and her body tingled from their contact. Despite her unease, she felt protected in his arms.

"You're tense. It's understandable, but I need you to relax -- to trust me." His voice was low and seductive. Sonia nipped at her lower lip with her teeth. How could she relax when the physical presence of him drove her senses to distraction?

"Clear your mind. Think of your father. Recall a happy memory of him. That's it -- he's smiling at you, pride on his face."

"You can see my memory?" she whispered.

"Aye. We're sharing heat -- magical heat. Now push out. Space doesn't exist. Only your father. Concentrate on his face."

Sonia drew in a breath and brought her father to mind -- the sound of his voice, deep and commanding, his face, rugged and lined, his scent, currants and earthy, his touch, gentle, yet firm. A vision of him appeared in her mind, but it was blurry and dark. Her father's tunic was torn, and he had been stripped of his weapons. The coppery scent of blood lingered over him.

Fear ripped through her and then the vision was gone. She grew limp, but Ivánstan tightened his grip. "He is not dead, but wounded and in a dark place."

"Thank Nyla," she whispered. "Is there more? Can we try again?"

"Not now. Your body is exhausted and needs rest. Tomorrow morning we can try to connect with your mother. The calling should be easier." His lips brushed against her ear, sending a warm pulse of physical awareness through her. Ivánstan was all male. Slowly, she turned around in his arms to gaze into his eyes. They were soft now, the orange reminding her of the sun; his pupils, while still slitted, were narrow.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Stephanie, I'm a panster, too. I make a detailed list of my characters on paper with their traits, etc. I have ideas in my head, but I only write the ideas down nothing more. It just flows from there.

I liked your excerpt and your answers in the interview.

jean hart stewart said...

You decribed exactly the way I write. Hate the soggy middle. Great interview and excerpt.

Cara Marsi said...

Nice getting to know you, Stephanie. I'm a pantster myself. Your book sounds exciting. What a great cover. Were you at the NJ conference in 2011? I think I met you somewhere. Good luck with your book.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Ladies
Thanks so much for bring patient with me. I've been working and then NaNoWriMo hit! Sign... It's rewarding but time consuming.

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Cara no I haven't had an opportunity to go to any conferences. I'd love to get out but the boys need to be older.
Steph

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Sandy it's a pleasure to meet you. Yes, that's how I write. I develop everything as I go along. It's fun discovering the story like that.
Steph

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Jean that's what it is too - soggy! I just have to buckle down and tackle it.
Steph

Share buttons