All blogs are property of authors and copying is not permitted.

Click image to one-click your copy of Soldiers of Fortune

CLICK BELOW & SUBSCRIBE TO THE RB4U NEWSLETTER

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 At An End


On this eve of New Year's Eve, 2011, I am reminiscing and giving thanks to a year of good health, a still working imagination and wherewithall to use it. A list, checked and added to more than twice in 364 days in 2010 begins with thanks for still being in business as an independent bookstore owner. Yes, Virginia, there are still readers in the world! There aren't many Nook or Kindle owners in my little Ozark town, just readers who like to go about it the old-fashioned way, for which I say hooray!

And to the readers of my books, I raise a glass brimming with appreciation. I write because I love it and because I have a huge collection of 'people' running around in my mind, talking to me at all hours about very personal things and they want their stories told. How wonderful to have others besides me interested in what they have to say. Thank you, thank you.

To Leanne Burroughs, chief editor of Highland Press, thank you for inviting my stories to be part of HP's family of authors. Patti Howell, my editor, a thousand thank yous for your insights, opinions and wise words, and to Lightning Press, I thank you for turning those words into well organized, nicely bound pages.

To my family near and extended, much gratitde for support, encouragement and promoting what you believe to be stories everyone you know needs to read.

To all you writers, may 2011 bless you with continued opportunities to write your stories of the heart and to our readers, keep picking up those books!

Polly

5 comments:

Katalina Leon said...

Lovely post Polly.
Happy New Year to you!
XXOO Kat

jean hart stewart said...

God bless asll book sellers! Happy New Year, Polly, Jean

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the clear-headed view. Me and my brother were preparing to do some study about that. We got a good book on that matter from our local library and many books were less informatory as your site. I am pleased to find such information which I was searching for a long while. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I’ve just stopped by to thank you for this nice info. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is actually outstanding. Keep going that way.

Share buttons